New vs Pre-Owned Home
Advantages to consider when buying a new home:
- Features the latest floor plans for today’s life-styles.
- Is built using the latest energy saving materials, the newest technologies & meets the current building codes.
- Enhanced energy efficiency will make your home more comfortable in summer and winter while lowering your energy bills.
- Extended builder’s warranty usually provides a 10 year structural warranty, 2 year manufacturer’s warranty on appliances, and a one year walk through with repairs done by the builder.
- Your choice: you select the location of a new home community, the builder, your home site, and a floor plan that best meets your housing needs.
- It is the simplest way to get what you want because you start with a clean slate.
- You can personalize landscaping for your life-style.
- There are added amenities such as parks, walking trails, swimming pools, tennis courts, and golf courses that provide a great venue for socializing, exercise and more.
- You get additional peace of mind from knowing that no one else has lived in your home before you and your family and there’s just something about moving into a brand new home!
Advantages to consider when buying a pre-owned home
- A used home is typically in an established neighborhood with mature trees, shopping centers, and can be close to schools.
- It is often priced lower than a new construction home, and it may have the character or charm that you are looking to purchase.
- Lower purchase price: prices are not only more negotiable, they start lower than prices for new homes of similar size.
- Typically “pre-owned” homes are closer to town, which may mean less commuting time.
- Builder errors have been detected and resolved: no need to guess how an old home will age.
- Cheaper to move into: window shades and blinds are in place, landscaping, patios and fences are complete.
- Style and craftsmanship: plaster walls, parquet floors, wood paneling and 12 foot ceilings are prohibitively expensive in a new house.
This blog post is provided to you by Your Frisco Realtor® of NickWaltonRealtor.com
Providing Real Estate services for the cites of Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Allen, Little Elm, Prospre, Celina & North Dallas.
Nick Walton, Realtor®
JP & Associates Realtors®
Cell / Text 469-556-2393
I’m glad that you have found my blog and taken the time to read it. If you find the information useful or informative please “Subscribe” to my blog.
I enjoy building new business relationships across the country and would love to find a way to work together on a transaction or a referral.