10 Questions Every Seller Should Ask When Selecting an Agent.
1) Do you work full-time or part-time as a real estate agent?
Full-time work typically means more attention for you.
2) How many homes have you sold in my neighborhood?
An agent who specializes in the area in which you are selling your home is preferable. This agent will be the most familiar with recent sales activity and will be able to recommend a good market price for your home.
3) How many other sellers are you representing now?
The busiest agents often are the most efficient.
4) Will you handle all aspects of my transaction or will you delegate some tasks to a sales associate or administrative assistant?
A knowledgeable assistant can be invaluable, but make sure you connect with your agent regularly.
5) At what price do you think my home can sell given the current market?
This will allow the agent to display his knowledge of your market.
6) Can you give me a comparative market analysis (CMA) of recent sales in the area and homes currently on the market?
This should contain listing and sales prices for recently sold homes as well as listing prices and the listing dates of homes currently for sale. It also should include detailed property descriptions (such as square footage and numbers of bedrooms and baths).
7) Can I list the house with you for 60 to 90 days?
Most consumer experts agree that a three-month listing period, or less, is best. You can always renew the listing agreement at that time.
How many years of education and experience do you have?
Experience and continuing education typically make for better agents.
9) Are you also a broker and/or a Realtor?
Brokers have more stringent licensing requirements and responsibilities. Realtors are voluntary members of the National Association of Realtors, a trade group.
10) Do you have a custom website that provides marketing for your personal listings and serves as an information resource for potential relocation leads and buyers? Is the site easily found on the Internet with typical searches?
Verify a sales agent’s website(s) with your own search.
This blog post is provided to you by Your Frisco Realtor® of NickWaltonRealtor.com
Providing Real Estate services for the cites of Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Allen, Little Elm, Prospre, Celina & North Dallas.
Nick Walton, Realtor®
JP & Associates Realtors®
Cell / Text 469-556-2393
Join the Your Frisco Realtor® & Nick Walton Realtors Group Facebook Fan pages
I’m glad that you have found my blog and taken the time to read it. If you find the information useful or informative please “Subscribe” to my blog.
I enjoy building new business relationships across the country and would love to find a way to work together on a transaction or a referral.